Thursday, June 15, 2006

We have a middle name!

Last night Rick and I talked about middle names. Rick had the honor of choosing Elianna's first name. (Elianna means "God answers" in modern Hebrew). Well, he also has the honor of choosing her middle name, as well. We thought an Old Testament name would be good to go along with a Hebrew first name, so we proceeded to recall all the female names we could think of from the Bible. When Rick said "Ruth," we both knew immediately that it was the perfect name. Ruth was the daughter-in-law of Naomi. Ruth's famous line spoken to her mother-in-law was, "I will go wherever you go and live wherever you live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God" (Ruth 1:16, NLT). What a perfect name for our daughter from China: Elianna Ruth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful name. The book of Ruth is one of my favorites...the love and devotion Ruth had for Naomi is extraordinary. I'm sure you and Rick will double the love and devotion for Elianna Ruth.

Pastor Bob said...

Elianna Ruth... Wow... I love that name! That is just beautiful. Congratulations!!

(From Ricks's gamer geek buddy from Wisconsin)

Countdown to Elianna!