Friday, November 23, 2007
1. Love in the Time of Cholera
1. Love in the Time of Cholera -- 6 females, including me
2. Enchanted -- approximately 1/3 of the theater filled with a wide variety of movie goers
3. Beowulf -- full theater, more men than women, wearing bizarre glasses
1. Love in the Time of Cholera -- modern literary tome
2. Enchanted -- fairy tales
3. Beowulf -- ancient epic tale
1. Love in the Time of Cholera -- Boy falls in love with girl; Girl marries someone else; Boy waits more than 50 years for girl; Happy ending
2. Enchanted -- Boy falls in love with girl; Girl banished by evil stepmother; Boy and girl find true love; Happy ending
3. Beowulf -- Boy falls in love with queen; Boy battles various monsters; Boy wins queen; Unhappy ending
1. Love in the Time of Cholera -- Dr. Urbino: "A man should have two wives: one to love and one to sew on his buttons."
2. Enchanted -- Robert: "You're not going to sing, are you?"
3. Beowulf -- Beowulf: "They say you have a monster. They say your lands are cursed. I am Beowulf, and I will kill your monster."
1. Love in the Time of Cholera -- girls only - definite chick flick
2. Enchanted -- great date movie; fun and lighthearted
3. Beowulf -- guys would see it again and again
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Rick and I headed out for a camping adventure with some of our friends. Our city-slicker friends stayed in fancy-shmancy campers while we roughed it in a tent. Despite the fact that I was sick throwing up the first night of camping, I had a wonderful time overall and can't wait to go back! My favorite part was sitting by the campfire late into the night telling funny stories. Good times.