Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Good Friends


My Mom used to quote old sayings to me when I was growing up. She always had the perfect one for any situation. One that stands out is "Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver, the other gold." When Rick and I moved 750 miles from home nearly 16 years ago, that saying stayed in the back of my mind. We left behind many good friends, but we've made so many new ones along the way, too. The only "old" friend (all the way back to junior high!) that I've kept up with is Darcie Cash Johnson. We don't talk as often on the phone anymore, and we only see each other once or twice a year, but when we do see each other, I get that comfortable feeling that I hope never goes away -- a feeling that means "I know you and I love you no matter what." Thanks, Darcie, for being my comfortable, old friend!

No comments:

Countdown to Elianna!