Friday, February 02, 2007

Teacher Snow Poem Works!

Our school counselor sent this poem out on email the day before we had a TWO DAY SNOW VACATION! It worked!

A TEACHER'S PRAYER FOR SNOW

One night as I lay almost sleeping, I heard a voice, softly peeping.
I saw my wife devoutly praying. This is the prayer I heard her saying:

Oh, Lord, let it snow.
Let it drift and let it blow.
In the morning, no real fuss,
Just enough to stop the bus.

Enough to make the County say:
"There will be no school today."
Let the radio report: "Snow's deep!"
And I'll roll over for more sleep.

Then later on, say maybe ten,
I'll turn the radio on again.
Just in time to hear them say:
"It's strange; the snow has gone away!"

And then I'll know, You made it stop,
So I can go to the mall and shop.
Please, Lord, just hear my teacher's plea,
And make it snow for the kids and me!

Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. Reminds me of what I used to hope for when I was growing up in Iowa (land of many snow days); the truly horrible thing was, the one day we actually did have a snow day-rapid melt off, I had the flu and was going to miss school anyway... :)

Anonymous said...

i'm stuck at home in an indiana ice/snow storm with 4 kiddos who act like they've been cooped up for days instead of just overnight.

i'll be working on the mother's snow prayer!

Countdown to Elianna!